Cleaning out in the Summer? — the gig economy can help
While winter may not be the best time to clean out your home, summer could be a great time to clean out those closets and remove junk. If you are in a situation where you need to remove junk during the summer, there are several tips that can be very helpful when cleaning out in summer.
Dig Through Storage Areas
We all know attics, basements, the garage, and closets are often treated as a temporary solution for excess stuff. As newer items make it to the front, older items get pushed further back, and over time are left ignored.
Sort out those items in your storage closet, garage, attic, or basement.
If you’re like most people, you can’t resist a garage sale on the hunt for a bargain. No matter what the reason, garage sales are a great way to get rid of stuff you don’t want or need. If holiday bargains are catching your eye, the change can be more palatable if you have a home for your old furniture.
- Take the time to look through your stuff. Get a good idea of what you consider to be junk. If you haven’t seen our needed it in 3 months or more, it’s probably junk.
- Do you need it, or could you sell it? Not all junk is useless. You can sell it online!
- Pick a date and time you want the junk items gone.
- Take photos of the items, post it for removal using an on-demand moving and junk removal app like Phlatbed (you can also name your price, how much you’re willing to pay the junk remover)
- Place all the junk in a visible location for the driver/remover to find upon arrival
- Take the time to look through everything at your home or apartment to determine if additional items need to be removed.
Sorting through your belongings could be fun. You often uncover memories, and moments you may have forgotten. In many cases, you make room for new memories, while cleansing old ones. This could be your garage, attic, closet, or even your backyard. In some cases, it could be the result of moving to a new home.
Hope these tips help!
Follow me on Twitter @AlaniPhantom